With the Ryder Cup less than a month away, golfers and fans around the world are gearing up for an unforgettable competition. Something else Ryder Cup fans look forward to year after year? The uniforms. Luckily, the US team’s official Twitter account just gave a sneak peek at the outfits that’ll be worn this year at Hazeltine National Golf Club in Chaska, Minnesota. The patriotic uniforms were designed by Ralph Lauren, the same iconic company that designed the US team’s uniforms for the Rio Olympics — so you know the Ryder Cup uniforms will be solid!
Read on to see what the US team will be sporting at the Ryder Cup in just a few weeks.
Uniforms day by day
Here’s a breakdown of outfits you can expect to see Friday through Sunday.
• Friday: An opening statement to remember! Friday’s look is classic American for the US team, as the wardrobe boasts the patriotic colors of red, white and blue. The dressy navy pants are paired with a simple white polo to make a super-elegant, ultra-stylish uniform.
• Saturday: On Saturday, the US team will be donning the Black Watch plaid pants, which are a nod to Scotland.
• Sunday: It’s time for the players’ Sunday best! The uniform for Sunday depends on the weather. If it’s chilly, players can wear the long sleeve shirt under the team polo. In addition, players can choose between the gabardine or corduroy pants.
So many amazing possibilities
Discover a few pieces that players will sport throughout the competition.
• Convertible Jacket: This beautiful blue convertible jacket is one of the most versatile pieces in the US team’s wardrobe. It’s super easy to unzip the sleeves and turn it into a vest. Plus, it’s made of soft-shell, three-layer fabric that’s warm and waterproof.
• Tartan Pullover: This unique piece is only available for Team USA players. In addition to being super stylish for rainy days, it’s made of yarn-dyed, three-layer waterproof fabric. Players simply can’t go wrong with the Tartan Pullover.
• American Flag Sweater: What American doesn’t love an American flag sweater? This American Flag intarsia knit sweater with 13 stars is an adaptation of a sweater that’s been a super-popular item in the Ralph Lauren line for years. Players can really show their American pride with this patriotic number.
• Layering Pieces: No matter the weather, the US team will be stylish and warm in these amazing layering pieces.
• Vests: With three vests to choose from, players are sure to find the best stylish and technical vest for them.
• Rainwear: The US team is probably doing everything they can to help the rain hold off for the Ryder Cup, but just in case it doesn’t, these rainwear pieces are here to save the day. Plus, it doesn’t hurt that these pieces are not only functional, they’re also super comfortable and stylish.
Are you ready to find your new favorite look?
Whether you’re going to the Ryder Cup this year or simply watching on TV, be sure to check out the players’ wardrobes. Will you be able to spot the American Flag Sweater? Will the players need to throw on some rainwear? Find out and pick your favorite uniforms when the Ryder Cup begins on Friday, September 30.